The 10 steps to Prosperous Living
By Janeen J. Detrick
- Acknowledge the past, then let it go; You needed what it taught you! Remember: The past happened ONE MOMENT ago!
- Paperwork handling: Do it, Delete it, or delegate it! OHIO: ONLY HANDLE IT ONCE!
- Complete all assignments and agreements. Go back and apologize and make restitution if necessary, so you have a clear conscience!
- List 100 successes! “I learned to walk” I graduated kindergarten the class favorite., etc.
- Acknowledge each and every success all along the way in your life, then ASK someone else to notice it and acknowledge it!
- Send your supervisor a list every month of all the things you’ve accomplished for and in behalf of the company! If you don’t, they won’t know!
- Implement a time management system; I suggest the “Six Most Important Things To Do Today List” system which also includes using a planner and a list of ideas that are “little rocks”.
- Catch other people doing something right, and tell them that you appreciate that about them! Do this at least three times per day.
- Do what you MUST while you build what you love. “Maturity is experiencing your duty as your delight.” Quote from Jill Buck, Janeen’s Mom.
- Make your wealth building automatic by scheduling 10% of your income automatically deposited into an investment instrument with compounding interest, set your bills to autopay, schedule automatic extra payments to your mortgage and live in a home that is easily affordable to you now (keep it as a rental after it’s free and clear, then you will have a paid off retirement home!), and pay cash only as much as is possible! (Reference David Bach’s book, The Automatic Millionaire.)
Subscribe Via RSS
Subscribe Via E-Mail